Featherweight Shop Case Study
Iconic Small Town Shop Drives Massive Online Sales through Email Marketing
The Featherweight Shop has a physical location in a small (pop. 663!) Idaho town, but the bulk of their sales are conducted online through their Shopify store. Up until 2017 they had been managing their email marketing “in-house” but saw the potential for growth in that channel and came to us for guidance, strategy, and execution.
We didn’t need to re-invent the wheel. The Featherweight Shop already had their Shopify store integrated with their Mailchimp account, not to mention an enthusiastic customer base and a handle on how to approach them. The name of the game on our side was optimization. Together with their team, we created an email template optimized for deliverability and driving revenue, and applied that template to automated workflows for new and long standing customers alike.
As email campaigns began to roll out on a more frequent basis, it didn’t take long for their customers to reply with their feedback, both the positive and the negative. We responded to negative feedback and made adjustments to our approach where appropriate, but the vast majority of feedback was positive. Customers wanted to hear more from one of their favorite stores, and loved doing so over email.
So, the Featherweight Shop decided to up the ante and plan an even more rigorous email schedule. Customer feedback remained positive, but we started to hear from some customers that couldn’t quite keep up with the ongoing email updates. In response to this, we helped them create a preference center where customers that wanted to receive less email could opt to receive a little less, or a lot less, without having to excuse themselves from the list altogether. This preference center has helped engagement with email campaigns remain high, even at the increased pace.
Today, their email marketing has become profitable enough for The Featherweight Shop to hire a staff member to manage the email channel full time. Email Ecommerce remains a member of the team, assisting with the production and ongoing maintenance of email marketing that routinely nets over $4K of revenue every day.
- STORE: Iconic small town shop dedicated to iconic portable sewing machines
- PLATFORM: Shopify
- CLIENT SINCE 2017
- Needed someone to take over their email marketing and grow it into a full fledged marketing channel
- Optimized templates
- Integrated email marketing platform with Shopify
- Ecommerce based automations
- Expert copywriting and execution
- Email marketing became successful enough for them to hire a staff member to manage the email channel full time. Email Ecommerce remains a member of the team, assisting with the production and ongoing maintenance of email marketing that routinely nets over $4K of revenue every day