Mailchimp for eCommerce Starter Package
For new customers only, this package will provide you with the roadmap to more effective email marketing. After we've done our part, you'll have a checklist of areas for improvement in:
- Deliverability > better open rates
- Engagement > better subscriber retention, open rates, click rates
- Revenue > Pretty self explanatory really
We'll also set you up with a template, a automated ongoing workflow of up to three emails, and your next campaign to begin checking action items off the list.
- Kickoff Call - 60 minute roadmapping call with a member of our Mailchimp team to gain access to required account and establish desired outcomes for your email marketing
- Review of existing automations with suggestions for improvement
- Suggested automations to build out for future campaigns / buying seasons
- Deliverability optimization actionable items
- Sign-up form and list maintenance practices review and recommendations
- List growth and opt-in review with recommendations
- Subscriber list review - identifying dormant subscribers with suggestions for what to do about them
- Review up to three existing templates and produce a revised, branded template based on our recommended edits. The new template will be built in Mailchimp's drag and drop editor so you can easily make changes to it yourself later when the need arises. Need more than one template designed? Typically, our templates will be useful in many contexts, but you can also add templates on an a la carte basis.
- One campaign - can be used as an a/b test, list re-engagement or dormant subscriber campaign.
- One automation (automated or manual trigger based on your tech stack's capabilities) - up to 3 emails per sequence.
- Phase one wrap-up call - 60-minute call with your assigned Mailchimp expert to review the checklist and make sure next steps are clear.
This depends on what approach you want to take. Typically, there are three options:
a) DIY - Extreme DIY types will take the roadmap and audit results and run with them. If you look at your checklist and think "this makes sense - I can do that", this may be your path. You can fill in the knowledge gaps via some a la carte training here.
b) Consulting - If you look at the deliverable from phase one thinking "I would like to do these, but need some additional guidance and training", you can hire us at our hourly consulting rate on Upwork.
c) Execution - If, after our phase one wrap up call, you want to implement the plan but don't have the capacity to execute it yourself, you can hire us on a monthly project.
What's Not Included:
- Expertise Copywriting - we'll do light copywriting, but we will require your collaboration when it comes to generating industry/product-specific content for your campaigns.
- Graphic design - we will rely on you to provide image assets that match your branding. We can handle basic cropping, resizing, compressing.
- Hard Costs - If you need to sign up for a premium tool, we will ask you pay for it (e.g. MailShake $19/month for list hygiene or Bulk Email Checker for validating external email databases)
- Excessive revisions - Your revised template will be built based on our expertise and approved by you before it is sent. We don't anticipate the need for many rounds of revisions, we are limiting the rounds of revisions for these to two. If you can't approve the template within that timeframe, we won't sent it, but you'll have a good baseline for further customization on your own.
Who Will Benefit the Most from This Package:
Online stores built on Shopify, BigCommerce, or WooCommerce with a total of 13K or more subscribers across all your Mailchimp lists or with well-established products stand to see the most immediate value from this package, however this package will provide actionable recommendations for anyone who is looking to improve on their existing email marketing.
Questions? Email Us.